Friday, February 02, 2007

The Kindness of Neighbors

Dear neighbor, I want to thank you. Thank you for playing your sweetly melodic rap music, with its harmonious bass line thrumming like a clogged leafblower outside my window. It's kind of you to turn it up so very loud--how did you know that I am deaf due to the construction taking place around the corner, what with all those nasty tractors and jack-hammers. Without your kind thought for decibel level I would never have heard the music that clearly speaks to your soul and now to mine: Got bitches shutting you down in the C.L.K So artfully delivered: You'se a busta, a customer, a sucker / You fake fraudulent motherfucker.

Thank you, thank you thank you for sharing.

I felt this line in particular, which I will leave you with as a closing:

Fuck till I nut then get up, I'm gone (yeah)

7 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

Humour intact. Good!

Thanking and appreciating... you're a good pupil ;)

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oooh, I feel for you. We live next to a family with a fourteen-year-old boy whose habits include:

a. riding around in circles in his yard on a very loud ATV

b. practicing the drums

And we live in the country. God help us all.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger tricia stirling said...

and you say you can't write funny!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Alex S said...

Eek! I feel for you, funny as this post is nonetheless. I now live in a huge apartment building and its mostly filled with elderly people so its the opposite-crazy quiet and peaceful! But I empathize as I often hear that loud, thundering stuff when I am driving and someone is next to me at a red light. It actually pisses me off as its just so terribly inconsiderate to any and all those around you. Hope it subsides soon truly!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

A silly idea: haven't you tried going there and explaining to him that you need some peace to do your work? Maybe you could go there with a little present: earphones.
Surprising people sometimes has a good effect.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Crockhead said...

Are you reviewing "Secret Smile" this month?

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks all of you for commiserating. Truth is, they could have been playing my favorite song, but at that level it would still irritate me!

I should just go talk to him. I'm a coward :)

Amishlaw: I am going to review Secret Smile. I'm just whooped this week, so probably tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home