Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A strange phenomenon that defies the laws of physics is taking place in my home, and maybe yours too.

The weeks are growing shorter--they now begin on Wednesday, a fact I know for sure because nobody will respond to email or answer their phone until hump day--and yet in terms of actual time spent working, they are longer. That's right, I am a working machine squeezed into a condensed black hole of time that runs roughly from Weds-Sat.

For example, upon beginning work at 7 am, I will look up from what has got to have been 8 hours of work, only to find it is only 9:30 am! Do you see what I mean?

What can be behind it?

***
Last night I missed my fuzzy, my Figaro cat, so much I couldn't bear it. I literally ached with sadness and clutched tighter to my stand-in, Beazles, who, while he is a great comfort and a white snow leopard to boot, being that he is stuffed, he does not measure up to the ball of personality and love that Figaro was.

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

There has recently been a problem in the time/space continuum, interfering with the "continuo." This has something to do with string theory, and a lot to do with dark matter. It seems that some very smart people are pondering these things, and the universe is a very fragile thing when it comes to that stuff and even thinking about it can alter reality as we used to know it. The problem has been exacerbated by people pusing those "Easy" buttons you see on TV and can actually obtain at Staples.

So don't think about string theory, don't think about dark matter, and DO NOT push the Easy button.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Oh Jordan, I'm sorry you're missing your kitty. Thank you for your very sweet comment on my recent sad post -- our animal babies leave such big holes in our lives when they go. Tonight is the last night I will have alone with Shiloh (Jim isn't here); tomorrow my parents and best friend are coming over to say goodbye. Okay, no more talking about it. I'm going to make myself sadder. About the laws of physics, I KNOW. What's up with that? WHEN am I going to start having full productive work weeks again? I start fantasizing about cabins in the desert without phones!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home