Monday, January 29, 2007

My mom tells me that I'm funny. I know, any sentence that begins with "my mom" can usually be discounted. But she also tells me that her friends think I'm funny, too. Of course, I don't see this, nor could I pinpoint a moment of my funniness (take that you spell-checkers!) because I'm rarely trying to be funny. Once in awhile I try to be funny with my husband, to make him laugh. These attempts don't work, yet he is often in hysterics over something I said that I didn't know was funny until he started laughing. Most of which I won't reprint here, as these statements tend to be either scatalogical or obscene.

The point here is, I am one of those people who can't be funny on purpose, only accidentally. I wish I was the other way.

I also can't seem to write funny. I so want to be like Lorrie Moore or David Sedaris.

But you can't be what you're not. This I know for a fact.

I may still make you laugh accidentally, and that would be ok with me.

JPR

8 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, your post made me laugh. Now, were you trying to, or not?

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Lee, congrats on your book with Writer's Digest, too!! And of course I wasn't trying to make you laugh. I would never do that.

E: No YOU are!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe we have the same editor. She's great.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

This is not an anonymous comment.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I think you're funny, though I just read on Brad Listi's ADD blog that most women aren't funny....

Ha, ha.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

E: No YOU shadup!

Lee: If it's Kelly Nickell, then yeah. She's awful nice.

Gerry: I don't get it.

Steph: Well Brad Listi is just SO smart isn't he... I know lots of funny women.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

When I do comments to your blog, down where I've got to type in some funky letters to get it posted, it says:
"This blog does not allow anonymous comments."
I tried like three times to satisfy the little anti-spamming feature, typed the letters exactly, and it kept rejecting me, so I re-wrote my message--and kind of liked it better.

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

If Brad Listi said it, and if Christopher Hitchens said it, it must be true!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home