Thursday, March 27, 2008

Today I have posted over at Rocketgirls--a new collective website between myself and authors Jody Gehrman, Kim Green, and publisher Terena Scott of Medusa's Muse.

Below is a teaser, but you'll have to visit the Rocketgirls' blog to read the rest...

"We all have our personal equivalent of the “naked dream” where your vulnerable anatomy is revealed to an auditorium of peers who publicly humiliate or unmask you in some way.

Lately I’ve been exploring the feelings that come up around bad reviews and negative criticism since publishing my two new books, Make a Scene, and Write Free. Fortunately for the sake of blog post material, I received another crappy review, this one asking the very question that pulls at the seams of my tightly sewn writer’s persona, rendering me naked to the jeering crowd..."

3 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

cool site, great blog, but as I said there, you ARE worthy, your BOOKS are worthy, and I USE them both to teach!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks for the unflagging support, Maryanne :)

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

I'm s glad that you're confident enough to talk openly about bad reviews--as well you should be. Often it's the reviewer who's naked--their meanness or envy or obtuseness out there for all to see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home