Tuesday, February 26, 2008

There was a time I respected Ralph Nadar. Or I could say that I still respect the Ralph Nadar who put consumer safety first and stood behind his ideals. I entirely dislike the Nadar who believes he is achieving progress by entering the presidential race again and again, splitting voters. If you are even considering with one nose hair voting for Nadar, I implore you to see the documentary An Unreasonable Man first.

I admit it. I believe that large scale change tends to happen incrementally.

I want to relish a little change in the near future.

JPR

1 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Linda C. McCabe said...

Jordan,

I feel the same way. I respect his history of consumer advocacy, but I wish he would give it this Quixotic quest of his. If he truly thinks that he should be in the political arena, why doesn't he run for Congress or the Senate? Or even, :shudders: help the Green Party grow as a party.

Instead it's all about him and trying to paraphrase Shakespeare by calling for a pox on both parties.

I understood some of my friends in 2000 who supported his candidacy, but I did not share their wide-eyed belief that if everyone simply voted their conscience that he would win.

I knew he did not have the kind of support that say, Barack Obama has today. Nader and his followers thought he had that kind of powerful grassroots movement. He didn't and he doesn't and he won't.

Should I encounter anyone trying to persuade me to join Nader's crusade this go around I'll tell them that if they really want to send a message that they should call Western Union.

Linda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home