Wednesday, April 23, 2008

For another month or so I have the luxury of indulging in a world of beliefs about how I will (co) raise this forthcoming child who, depending on which belief is strongest on a given day, either chose us on some spiritual level, or wound up with us much the way you plant a finger blind on a map and see where you'll end up.

For another month or so I can assume I know the right way to do things; can believe that every time I've seen another set of parents doing something I didn't agree with, I will now get my chance to do it better.

For another month or so I remain essentially the same. Familiar.

So strange to think how normal this is...creating life, becoming someone's parent.

But it's okay to be awed the first time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home