Monday, May 14, 2007

I really have been in a long denial about my own perfectionism--this is because I'm not a consistent perfectionist. Not all areas of my life get me to pull up the rails and ride my own back. The end of Make a Scene is REALLY in sight now. June 4th is the deadline...a ridiculously close one--not by anyone's fault--it just seems that the closer you get to the end of something the slower you begin to work. Perhaps I should stop writing in the second person lest you think I'm not actually writing about myself :)

In a best of all possible worlds kind of mode I can write one new chapter a week with lots of room to think and play. At the rate I have to go for these remaining 17 days, I'll be writing about 3 chapters a week. Which means that I have to write really crappy first drafts, fighting my tendency to fine-tune, then go back over the drafts a few days later and revise. It's a tough process, but my critical abilities (and I mean this positively) have been strengthened.

I will come back to blog again, I promise!

3 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Twilight Spy said...

Nothing like a deadline to focus your attention and sharpen your skills. Go, Jordan, Go!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something a little ironic about pointing out the inconsistency of your perfectionism......

Congratulations on nearing the finish line!

;)

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Tracy: I feel the opposite of sharp right now.

Jesse: Haha! Though I disagree--perfectionism is highly illogical, inconsistent and irrational too... no irony in pointing it out :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home