Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I don't know what it is about babies, about cuteness that makes me want to get close to it... but when I saw these little buggers at Angel Island over the weekend, I had to snap a shot.

Of course, that wasn't quite close enough...so I moved in. After all, these are geese who probably eat more ice cream sandwiches and white bread courtesy of the tourists than they do bugs or grass. These are gentrified geese.


And yet, I quickly learned that just because they're willing to mooch off of us, does NOT mean they'll tolerate rubbing shoulders with us. (Not only is the mama hissing at me here, but so are the kids. Sheesh! Moochers!)




1 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I was just catching up, reading your last few posts. Why I find . . . something--comfort? shared humanity?--in reading the words a total stranger chooses to share, I am not sure. But I do. Thanks for keeping your blog going.
Geese are a strange crew, a curmudgeonly sort of bird, full of piss (well...poop, not to put too fine a point on it) and vinegar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home