Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's gaw-jus outside. High seventies, low wind. Blueeeee sky. Each tiny breeze sends a small shower of pale plum petals across my window and frosts the ground (which really hides the grease stains and trash!).

But I must stay focused. Work work work! I have a book to finish in 18 days. Oh sure, sounds like scads of time to you...but as the hinges of my brain are rusting and I'm nearly out of oil, I require all. the. concentration. I. can. muster.

But there's so much interesting stuff to think about! I've got ideas sprouting like adolescent acne and NOT ENOUGH BRAINS to write each one. So I've set aside one project for another. I will likely dance back and forth between them.

I've got NEWS too...but I can only reveal the edges of it. I will be producing three test-podcasts for a national magazine. For Word by Word fans, it will have a related appeal (literary), though shorter and less frequent. When the first podcast is available, I will tell you more.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

2 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Hey you! Eighteen days to finish a book??? Sounds easy??? I don't THINK so! Egad! My only question is: which book? haha. How many are you writing? Hard to enjoy the beautiful weather, isn't it?

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Hello my bewinged friend. By "finish" I mean the final part. And by "book" I mean the one under contract with Writer's Digest Books.

The other novels (1 revision w/my agent, 1 novel-in-progress to stifle the deafening dread when said agent hasn't yet replied, and the other you know about) and tall tales have no other deadline than the daily word count. (With days off for good behavior, of course).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home