Thursday, February 22, 2007

Girls may want to have fun, but sometimes they forget how

I am in a weird mood today. Define weird, Jordan. Well...I dunno, itchy, restless, resistant. I don't wanna work on my book. I don't wanna look at the puke that's calling itself my fiction today. I don't wanna finish an article or write queries. But I do want to be creative.

I don't want to color with my cool triangular crayons.
I don't want to make jewelry.
I don't want to dance funky in the mirror.
I don't want to write very bad poetry.
I don't want to fold paper airplanes.

You know what I want? For one day, to be a genius. Just one day, and to write genius things for that one day.

I want to watch dawn in a glass house.
I want to swim in a saltwater pool.
I want to snap my fingers and discover my deadlines finished.

I'm afraid that I've forgotten how to have fun. How to self-entertain. Even blogging is boring.

Sigh.

JPR

5 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Oh man, I know that mood. Last night. . . or was it the night before? I don't know, maybe both -- just couldn't work anymore and sat and just stared at the TV, even the commercials. I have totally forgotten about fun! I'm always so anxious to finish some project and then the next one. i have little bits of fun, but nothing crazy. Hope you find some fun!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Haven't you thought maybe some sex could help?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone Laini!

And Patricia...of course I thought of that, but last I heard, E.'s work still frowned upon the use of his office for conjugal visits :)

J

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger tricia stirling said...

maybe it's just something in the air?? yeah--like the moon is making us feel blocked?!? probably....yes, probably.
because, sister, i feel it too!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

E:

:)))

You are welcome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home