Wednesday, February 14, 2007

MISC...

Does the world seem loud to you? It does to me. I mean, probably nothing like poorly rigged bombs in Iraq blowing up your friends, but still. Loud trucks, loud dogs, loud music, loud people talking about their lives at decibels that seem unnecessary. And below the very loud there is a level of sound that I find equally egregious: of computers whining and power lines buzzing and the static of cell phones and tvs blaring.

I wonder how the world sounds to someone who wakes from a coma?

A quiet monastery sounds lovely right now.

***
Nothing tastes good except cereal and jelly beans. Nothing, since Saturday night. In fact, the idea of food still seems vaguely repulsive.

***
Everyone is happy to see it sunny again, but I liked the rain. It felt right.

***
I'm lucky.

JPR

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

We always complain about how loud it is here, but it's nothing compared to friends who live in the city!

I do think that there is too much noise.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Claire Cameron said...

That's a weird feeling, when your ear drums are raw post-sickness. I hope you're back to 100% soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home