Wednesday, August 30, 2006


Yes, it's my birthday today, August 30th.

And apparently Cameron Diaz's, Mary Wollstonecraft's, Shirley Booth and someone named Dennis Healey. Well, we're a motley bunch, but that's okay.

Yesterday I had a conversation with a girl whose age I couldn't really determine. I figured between 25-30. SHe was 23 it turned out and referred to how hard it is for the twenty-something set in this town to meet people. I said, "Well it isn't so easy for the thirty-somethings" either and she replied:

"Yeah, but you guys all have families and stuff."

Ah, so just in case you didn't know, once you are thirty-something you are officially uninteresting and probably just worried about kids and crap...

I'm happy. I have a really good life. The career I want. I am very, very grateful on this day of my birth. Thanks to all of you, and you know who you are--friends and more friends--who've helped make things so darn good.

P.S. My new professional website really is live today: www.jordanrosenfeld.net

JPR

7 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! It's my brother's birthday too. A popular day.

I sort of resent when people use "family" to mean "children." That hurts everyone in all sorts of ways. I'm sure she didn't mean it, of course.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, darling Jordan!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Steph, happy bday to your brother! I guess it is popular.

As for the young girl, she meant no harm, she just didn't realize that us thirty-somethings don't like to be lumped away in one category that essentially means, "no longer cool." :)

Thanks Myf!

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you AND your website! Looks great!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks Marcus, I'm rather pleased with my website too.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger RobinSlick said...

Happy Birthday!

Not that you aren't drop dead gorgeous now, but you were a scarily beautiful child. Those shots of you at age 5 are breathtaking.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger smart kitty said...

Happy Birthday, hot stuff!

I guess since I am an even 30, I may not quite qualify as a thirty- something. But my life is definitely more interesting now than it was last year, let alone seven years ago.

Your life sounds pretty interesting to me, so I have a feeling you'd agree with that sentiment for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home