Monday, August 07, 2006

Well I needed a good laugh today! My brother-in-law finally broke down for me what the criteria are that qualify one as a hippie in his eyes; and while I believe it was tailored to make ME out to be more of a hippie than I am, I give you the "Are you a Hippie?" quiz, by the other J.P.


Are You A Hippie?

A short quiz
by Joel


1. Were you raised in Marin County, California?
2. Do you thoughtfully consider the health of your colon when writing out a grocery shopping list?
3. Do you have any sitar music in your CD collection?
4. Have you ever worn a fuzzy knit scarf with blue jeans?
5. Do you occasionally interject lines from Shakespeare’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ into casual conversation?
6. Do you strive towards “total consciousness”
7. Do you know who Dr. Wayne Dyer is?
8. Have you ever knowingly eaten Tofurkey?
9. Do you try and justify your depraved sexual proclivities by giving them legitimate sounding Hindu names?
10. Have you ever used a vegetable steamer so much that it burned out?
11. Is your futon couch covered with oddly shaped and assorted colored pillows?
12. Do you own a futon couch?
13. Incense?
14. Do you listen to NPR?
15. Do you have bumper stickers that read “Arms are for hugging” or “The goddess is alive and magic is afoot”?

If you answer "yes" or "sometimes" or "maybe" to 7 or more, apparently you, as am I, are a hippie.

7 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I love Joel's quiz.

I only answered yes to Wayne Dyer, Tofurkey, and total consciousness. Not a hippy. Not even close.

You, however,....

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Christopher Clark said...

Does downloading bootleg MP3s of This American Life count as listening to NPR? Cause, if it does, that is the only one I can say yes to.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Hahaha! Great quiz! But don't you have to be over 50 to be a hippie? Or are we talking about neo-hippies here?

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Steph, you don't qualify.

Chris, All I can say is it's probably the first step, so be careful. If you start spelling "women" as "wymmyn" soon, well, there you go.

Ellen: I rest my case :) But tell that to Joel. Some people persist no matter the evidence laid at their feet. I may be extra kind to my colon, but he believes in Bigfoot ;)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Samus said...

Wow. You're really a hippie. I mean, if I saw that list elsewhere, I would mentally tick it off like, "Jordan, Jordan, Jordan."

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Samus: Oh now you've done it! You've just given my brother-in-law encouragement he does not need; consider that the quiz was tailor made for me.

Or do you think I doth protest too much?

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Joel, I have even worse news! That's my hair and not a scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home