Saturday, July 29, 2006

Gotta Love Yer Meat

In honor of the Overheard in New York blog I love so much, I've decided to start "Overheard Around The World" here at my blog onWednesdays. If I don't get enough responses, that's okay. It'll be from time to time.

I will begin with one we overheard last night when walking home from Thai food. A large man with a more than ample belly emerged with his spouse from the steak and ribs joint that literally serves only meat, patting said belly with a satisfied smirk.

"Sure am glad I'm not Muslim, 'cuz I love to eat meat!" he proclaimed into the deepening night as we passed by.

E. sniggered and whispered to me, "Muslims can eat meat; it's Hindus that don't."

But we let him believe the lie.

JPR

Do you have something that you overheard to contribute? Email me at: writelife (at) verizon (dot) net with the subject: "Overheard." Please let me know if you would like to be anonymous or go by name, and where in the world you're writing from!

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Hmmm...I'll keep my ears open. Undoubtedly, all of hear memorable nuggets every day.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

This is such a cool idea. I love that website! but I'd much rather give you my overheard bits. :)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I hope you will both come and drop those tidbits off here, then :)

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home