Thursday, July 27, 2006

Today, to counteract my recent funk, I:

1. Signed up to volunteer at the public library four days in August (Possibly more if I enjoy it)

2. Inquired about employment at the local bookstore, which is soon moving to bigger digs (the owners are back tomorrow).

3.Introduced myself to the new employees at The Good Life Cafe when I went in to get coffee, which has been bought out by new management (Felix and John).

4.Asked the nice receptionist at my chiropractor's office if she would have lunch with me. She said yes. We have a "date" next week.

5.Researched and determined that even if a black widow bites you, it probably won't be fatal unless you are old, young or days from a hospital.

6.Sent my novel revision off to my agent

7.Let go of a publication that I have had consistently bad mojo with

8.Confirmed with our accountant that the gi-normous extra tax refund we got last month out of the blue was, indeed, ours to keep

9.Got the paperwork to set up my own retirement account for my business

10. Put money in the savings account.

11. Found out that the cool organic sandwich shop I've been waiting to open finally opened.

12. Remembered that if I want things to change, I have to change them.

I am very proud.

4 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger katrina said...

These are all wonderful things!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks Kat. I owed it to myself and my patient readers to start being a bit more positive.

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

WOW! DEAR! It sounds like heaven!

I'm with you in this new attitude!

I love it and I hope it's contagious.

Keep going!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Patricia: Yes, I needed to do something, because it was getting dire.

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home