Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Previously I always believed that cold was the weather force that could wear you down the most. Extreme cold has the power to make you leave your body, numb and near shut down if you stay in it long enough. Too much cold for too long causes people to drink and sleep and despair too much.

So I've been schooled to realize that extreme heat is perhaps more wearing. In heat, you cannot escape your body, in fact you become encased in its sticky, bloated weight, becoming lazy and dumb as all the tissue in your body and brain swells. Heat makes you lethargic, unable to continue working, unresponsive to friends and loved ones. You melt into your furniture and growl at people for doing the smallest things.

Today, however, the weather is blessedly cooler. I'd even go so far as to call this morning cold.

And with the lifting of the heat, my sense of hope and joy has crawled ever so slightly back in.

But I still have nothing worthy to say.

:)
JPR

3 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

It was easy to listen to you because it was like listening to myself: I too prefer snow to heat. But hey, the way weather patterns are going, we'll probably get snow this winter :)

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It's hard to even imagine cold right now.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Well... I'm reading about heat and I'm freezing here.
In this end of the world we have 42,8ยบ Fahrenheit today. And they say it will be colder tomorrow. Plus rain and a lot of wind.

If you, Stephanie, want to help your imagination, you're invited to come to Southamerica. But if I were you, I'd rather go swimming!

Heat makes you feel bad because you don't have much energy. But cold brings depression.

Why is it that our mood depend so much on the weather? I don't think animals care so much about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home