Thursday, July 20, 2006

The first and only time I took the Meyers-Briggs personality test was in my freshman year of college, when, I believe I was an INFJ. I just took it again today and I've come up as an ISFJ. This means:

Introverted (moderately expressed)
Sensing (slightly)
Feeling (distinctly)
Judging (distinctly)

Most people who know me would take issue with the introverted part, but as you can see above, it's a moderate form of introversion. I like people and I like social interactions, but in limited doses and on my own terms.

At any rate, when you compare this to my type via the enneagram, a type four, it makes sense as wells. Fours are feeling types, who integrate towards type one, which is a very judging type. Fours come and go from social interaction, and when we learn not to give in to the ebb and pull of our feelings, we can be fairly intuitive as well.

Anyways, i was surprised by how accurate the description of the IFSJ was. Things like these:

"One ISFJ trait that is easily misunderstood by those who haven't known them long is that they are often unable to either hide or articulate any distress they may be feeling. For instance, an ISFJ child may be reproved for "sulking," the actual cause of which is a combination of physical illness plus misguided "good manners." An adult ISFJ may drive a (later ashamed) friend or SO into a fit of temper over the ISFJ's unexplained moodiness, only afterwards to explain about a death in the family they "didn't want to burden anyone with." Those close to ISFJs should learn to watch for the warning signs in these situations and take the initiative themselves to uncover the problem."

And tell me that this description isn't the perfect set up for a fiction writer (it might take two reads to get through the strange jargon and sentence structure):
"As for ISTJs, the dominant Si is oriented toward the world of forms, essences, generics. Again, "for both of the IS_J types, the sense of propriety comes from the clear definition of these internal forms. ... A 'proper' chair has four legs," etc. (Jung saw IS as something of an oxymoron: sensing, which is a perceiving function, focused inward and thus away from that which is perceived (the "object"). In this light, he described this sensing as something removed from reality, full of archetypes/mythical figures/hobgoblins; sensing of one's own set of forms.)"

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Leona Laurie said...

You are the same type as my sister! That's awesome!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Leona-So your sister is highly brilliant and you treat her with the utmost care?

Jesse: Yeah, that does sound like you.

J

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm an ENFJ...not so far from you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home