Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Getting Heard

As promised, here are some choice overheard tidbits for you today:

1. From Cuthbert in California, some hospital tidbits:

Patient in hospital room with door open: "Well can't they get in there and rip that thing out?"

AND:

Person in hospital gift store: "No. Don't get him one of those. He hates that cuddly stuffed animal shit."

* * *
2. From Rhiannon in Charlotte, NC, an overheard office conversation:

Needy Little Boss Man: "This doesn't make shit for sense."

Company Bee: "It doesn't?"

Needy Little Boss Man: "No. What are these numbers?"

Company Bee: "The totals?"

Needy Little Boss Man: "What are they for?"

Company Bee: "Ummm. "When you add up the numbers-- you get totals."

Needy Little Boss Man: "Oh. Well, this still doesn't make shit for sense."



* * *
3. And one of my own, overheard at the hair salon yesterday:

Hairdresser A: "That fish place is good.

Hairdresser B: "Oh you ate there?"

Hairdresser A: No, but nobody I know has thrown up from eating there yet."

* * *

Want to contribute your own overheards? email them to writelife(at)verizon(dot)net with subject "overheard."

2 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Man, I forgot what day it was and forgot to listen. All I got is dumb things that Jim and I said to one another. I'll be better next week. I promise.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

I am, unfortunately, a virtual hermit, so I rarely get the chance to eavesdrop on strangers, but I am privy to my kids' heinous convos...

"Ew! You think he's hot? He looks like a big hairy baby with poop in his pants!"

Eh. She's ten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home