Thursday, June 29, 2006

Random Musings

A thick black electrical wire runs along the street and passes in front of my office window. This wire also runs through the trees on the block and while it is not uncommon to see the occasional hire-wire act by a deft squirrel, today there is clearly a squirrel event going on. Today I am witness to a squirrel highway. I think it must be a concert going on down at the end of the block, or maybe a parade. Perhaps squirrels celebrate fourth of july early, before all the humans pull out their exploding squirrel bombs (don't you imagine that squirrels see 4th of July fireworks as some kind of expression of war?)

* * *
This is my year of books! Well, next year is, really, but I can have the excitement now. My Writer's Digest book has been tangible for some time, but today it really hit me full on that Creating Space is going to be published and it's going to be beautiful. My writing partner, Rebecca Lawton and I just talked with our publisher about details like the cover, promotional postcards to hand out at the Sonoma County Book Festival in September, and pre-order brochures. This all made me very, very happy. Then of course there's my novel, which I have great confidence in. I know it's gauche to admit you feel good about your work, but damn it, I do.

* * *

As much as I like to separate myself out from the legacy of negativity that seems to be genetic on my father's side of the family I wonder if I don't suffer from a smidge of it. This morning, as I was swimming I caught myself wondering, 'I wonder what the long-term effects of chlorine on the body are? Cancer?'

4 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Cancer from the swimming pool!

You're funny today!

I don't think genes have anything to do with this... but pls, next time you go swimming, try not to get drowned! ;)

Your present is brilliant, and if present is the only thing in life... then your life is great, your life is wonderful, your life is successfull.

Thanks for sharing your happiness!!!! I appreciate it a lot... even with my genes.

Love and Peace,
Patricia

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Fionnix said...

Ummm. I've never heard of cancer from clorine. Don't drink too much of it, O.K., though? I'm thinking the worse you'll get is the chlorine smell and dry skin-- so, take lotion.

Great post. Thanks for the chuckle.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

It really starts to become real when you start thinking about real details like cover art and marketing. Such a thrilling time for you.

p.s. I think I might be related to you on your father's side. I'm an extremely creative worrier.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger God of Wine said...

Hey I just wanted to say congrats on the publication. I am an aspriring writer and came across your blog via google. I have to say though I gave up on keeping a blog because it kept me from writing more than anything else. I do have my poetry posted but that is it. Anyway I will tune in now that I know you are there.

Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home