Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Some exciting things in my new life:

I got a library card to the Santa Clary County library system. My tiny library rocks the casbah! They've got an outrageous amount of books on tape/cd, even music cds and DVDs. Their fiction section is their biggest section, and the place is always hopping--a good sign.

I discovered Blueberry Tea! Thanks to having to navigate a new supermarket (yay for "the Nob" as I call it), I discovered in a special aisle a new tea made by Celestial Seasonings that is full-on, hard core blueberry, my favorite berry. It is delicious! The Nob makes me happy. I like food shopping better than any other kind of shopping.

Book Smart is independently owned! The nearest Barnes and Nobles is twelve miles north on the freeway, so there's little chance of it going out of business. They will order any book I want, and if I later change my mind, they will not make me pay for it. AND--they sell ice cream :) When I mentioned Copperfield's Books, the Book smart lady had heard of them.

There are TWO japanese restaurants in my town. TWO. That's pretty f-ing cool. One of them serves lunch, the other only dinner. You think they drew straws?

Santa Cruz Coffee Company makes AWESOME coffee.

The Community Center teaches a class on knitting, which I have decided I want to learn. AND there is a cool knitting store right in downtown. Are the yarn gods smiling down upon me, or WHAT?

For some reason we sleep like tiny baby kittens in our bedroom here. I don't know if its that we must go deeper into sleep to avoid being awakened by the freight trains, or if the Feng Shuei is just right. Or maybe not letting Figaro out at night has something to do with it.

P.S. I am getting my work done, believe it or not.

JPR

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Fionnix said...

I believe you are in heaven.

Blueberries. *drool* I make myself sick on them every summer.

You sound HAPPY! Happy is good. ;)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Rhi--well, maybe not heaven, but a cool little greasy spoon along the way.


J: Maybe I am in love. WAIT...did you just admit that you get all gooey by the way A. puts ketchup on her french fries? I think you did. I'm holding you to it.!

--the other J

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It sounds woderful. :)

I've decided to learn how to knit too. I just need to find the knitting time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home