Thursday, February 23, 2006

I just love it when intelligent people write heartfelt letters to those trying to censor literature. My fellow Bennington-ers make me proud. My June '05 classmate Ishmael Archbold is keeping score of the Arizona State vs. Rick Moody "Ice Storm" debacle here...

The letter from another Bennington alum, Ryan Boudinet, is reprinted at Ish's blog. It begins thusly:

"Dear Senator Verschoor,

I recently read an article in the Arizona Daily Sun regarding recent controversy surrounding the inclusion of Rick Moody's The Ice Storm in college curricula in your home state. You were quoted as saying, "There's no defense of this book. I can't believe that anyone would come up here and try to defend that kind of material..."

Rock on!

J

1 Comments:

At 6:56 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Dear,

Even not having prior knowledge of the controversy, the letter is great. Thanks for having posted it. I loved it when he says he discounts he actually read the book!

I see politicians are the same no matter where they are from!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home