Friday, February 10, 2006

A dream to make Freud happy

I had such a shockingly Freudian dream last night that I just have to write about it, though, I admit, I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you. In this dream I was a man and I was traveling somewhere, as if on business. When I arrived at the hotel where I was to stay, it was then I realized I was a man by discovering I had a penis (one to make any man proud, too!). A maid who hadn't yet finished cleaning the room noticed it too, and wide-eyed, quickly disappeared. I'm most embarrased to admit that when I made this discovery I was quite enthused by it, and in fact, felt a great welling of power and strength due to my having it, a kind of "ah-hah" moment, the way you might feel the first time you went sky-diving or something: "So THIS is what the rush is all about!"

It turned out another man was in this same hotel room, and he didn't like sharing his turf with the male-me. So he and I engaged in this psychological sparring effort to out-intimidate the other. He took me by car to some estate to show off how much money he had, but ultimatley he chickened out, because he knew that to show any more power he'd have to get violent with me.

I mean...What??

J

4 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

I just think this is hilarious and fascinating.

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I think you had this dream just to keep Erik busy! lol.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I aim to please :)

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

ha ha ha! fantastic!!
You know what? I realized, thanks to your words that I never dreamt about being a man!
Interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home