Monday, January 23, 2006



Decisions, Decisions.

Well, great big life-altering decisions are not easy to make. Not at all. Just when you feel sure of one thing, other ideas float through your brain.

The idea of running off to a new place is tantalizing, isn't it? Starting fresh in an area not overrun with traffic, free of the bustle of civilization. Getting to be a new person to new people. A place so affordable (if you have a decent job, which most don't) that you would never be able to spend all you earn. Yes, it's tantalizing, I admit. I fear it's too tantalizing.

But I'd love to hear why it appeals to you. What would you do?

J

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

If it were me, I would follow my heart and my gut. These things rarely lead us astray, I think (and you seem to have great instincts about things, Jordan).

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Part of the reason moving to Montana is tantalizing to me is that it's simply "the other." And we all know how sexy that is.

Another reason is that Southern California (and northern, I suppose, but I won't speak for you) has outrageously priced real estate, not so great jobs, smog, terrible traffic, and people obsessed with superficiality, tans, boob jobs, botox, collagen, etc. I've had this conversation with any number of friends. It's titled You Can't Go Out On Weekends Because There Are Too Many People.

So that makes Montana seem appealing. What does not seem appealing to me? The cold. The gray. The wind. All depend on location, of course, but no doubt it's colder, grayer, and windier than here. Also? The alcohol abuse and temptations therein. Also? The meat-eating, hunting vibe. I'm just not that carnivorous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home