Saturday, November 10, 2007

This is a VERY exciting day for me. Over two years ago I conceived of this idea for a book. To my great astonishment, I sold it. Then I had to write the damn thing and then...I waited. In the world of non-fiction writing books, it's rare to see an advance review copy, so I knew that I would have to wait for the finished product.

Yesterday it came!

I say this without ego or boasting: it's one beautiful book. Actually, I say that with awe and gratitude to the designers who did a magnificent job on the cover and internal design. It's eye catching. It does not shout "boring textbook" but rather "fun book about writing!" Or so I think.

The edition pictured below is the hardcover version that ONLY members of the Writer's Digest Book Club will get. I have been a member of said club, in fact more than half of my most beloved writing books came from it at ridiculously good prices. No, they don't ask me to plug them--I'm just trying to offer you incentive to get this gorgeous hardcover version for yourself. There's no difference in cost, even when you join the book club.

Either way, next thursday you will find it hitting actual bookstores. If you plan to purchase a copy and have not done so online, I would love it if you went to your nearest bookstore and asked for it. If they don't have it in stock yet, all bookstores will order a copy for you at no extra cost.















































* * *

The rest of this month, my blog is going to be mostly devoted to three special women. They are my partners in a new group web effort called Rocketgirls (web site to launch soon), a collective of writers working together and supporting each other's success and offering writers original content and resources. Next week, author Jody Gehrman will be dropping by with some questions and original works of fiction and non-fiction. Following her will be Terena Scott, owner and publisher of the new press Medusa's Muse. After her comes that talented author Kim Green. I will be making blog visits elsewhere, and will keep you posted.

11 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Twilight Spy said...

I'm so proud of you. Who would have thought this would happen when we were running around with the fireflies in Vermont? Oh wait,we all thought it, you crazy talented woman. Congratulations!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Tracy, thanks so much for your love and support! I don't think I did know this would happen between those fireflies. I was just hoping to graduate then :)

P.S. When you get a copy, read the acknowledgements, okay?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

anyone who runs around with fireflies deserves good things! :-) brava!

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Jordan, it looks SMASHING!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to get my hands on it. I'll order it from my local Borders. :)

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Congratulations!

It looks fantastic!

I imagine how happy you feel right now. You deserve it and it's great to witness this.

In fact, good materialization!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger SusanD said...

Congrats, Jordan! I can't wait to read this!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger RobinSlick said...

Oh, Jordan, congratulations! There's so many wonderful things happening in your life right now...I'm thrilled for you and cannot wait to order your book! It's gorgeous!

xo
Rob

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Maryanne: I agree

Patricia, Susan, Ellen and Robin: Thanks for your congrats. It's an exciting thing for me that I know many of you have personal experience understanding :)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Kath said...

I'm so excited for you, Jordan!! The book looks gorgeous, I can't wait to buy it! Congratulations...

Kath

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

What a beautiful book (and author!). I can't wait to read it, Jordan. Congratulations to you, dear!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Rena said...

That is so exciting! I love that new book smell!

Congratulations

 

Post a Comment

<< Home