Monday, November 05, 2007

Sorry I've been absent. Most recently, my husband and I went on a whirlwind trip to NY to see The Police in concert at Madison Square Garden. We somehow managed to miss all their CA visits. The concert was on Halloween, so we got the added benefit of New Yorkers in costume, which was a riot. I had no idea how big The Garden is, either! More so, I was impressed at how good the band sounded (though I'm told this was not the case at the beginning of their reunion tour). Sting's hair plugs were looking nice and his fame and fortune have allowed him to purchase a little more youth than Andy Summers, though I actually thought Stuart Copeland looked in the best shape of them all. They played many of my favorites and even though we were behind the stage, it was a great show. The last time I saw The Police in concert, I was 8 years old. Oakland Coliseum with my mom.

And I'm not a bad sleuth either. The lead singer of the opening band, Fiction Plane, sounded so much like Sting that at first I thought it was Sting pretending to be someone else. A little research turned up that Fiction Plane is a band fronted by Sting's son, Joe Sumner. No wonder he sounded like the old man!

* * *

In other news, the countdown to Make a Scene begins. 11 days until it is available on bookshelves. If you pre-ordered your copy, you will probably receive it in the mail around that date or a few days after. I'm doing a bunch of events between now and February, too, and I'll be visiting friends blogs, and having some other bloggers stop by here to promote their good stuff.


To purchase: Visit your local independent bookstore (here's a store locator via Book Sense) and ask for it. Most stores will order it if they don't already have it in.

My favorite online sources: Powell's Books. Booksamillion.

** One note. Though all online sources say that the book is in hardcover, I'm told that the only people who will actually be able to lay hands on the hardcover are members of the Writer's Digest Bookclub--which I can unequivocally say offers really good deals if you are interested in stocking up on writing books.


EVENTS:

November 15, 2007. Make a Scene is PUBLISHED and available through all online and media outlets.


December 1, 2 p.m. Make a Scene Book Launch Party at North Light Books. Cotati, CA. 550 E. Cotati Avenue (about 1 mile from Sonoma State University).


December 2, 3-5 p.m. Jordan will speak at the Redwood branch of the California Writer's Club. 3-5 PM at the Marvin's Restaurant, 7991 Old Redwood Highway , corner of William St.


December 8, 1 p.m. Scene-writing workshop at BookSmart, an independent bookstore in Morgan Hill, CA. Free with purchase of book, or $10.

Workshop description: Without scenes, fiction falls flat and leans on the dull bulwark of expository writing. With scenes, fiction comes alive and makes for a page-turning experience. Which would you rather write? This 1 hour workshop will provide you a quick and easy recipe for the most fundamental building block of good writing.

January 17. Time TBA. Write Free: Attracting the Creative Life Book Launch Party with co-authors Jordan Rosenfeld and Rebecca Lawton. Reader's Books, Sonoma. 130 E. Napa Street.

January 26. Place and Time TBA. Jordan will present a workshop on revision at the Redwood branch of the California Writer's Club.

February 2, 10 to 4 p.m. Let's Make a Scene. A workshop co-taught by Jordan Rosenfeld and Jody Gehrman at Book Passage in Corte Madera. 51 Tamal Vista Blvd. Corte Madera. Sign up at: http://www.bookpassage.com/.

6 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Linda C. McCabe said...

Jordan,

I wish you the best of luck with your book launch and the Redwood Writers branch is looking forward to having you come and speak to us again.

This time with books in hand for you to sell and sign.

Linda

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Wow, girl... you'll be busy!

It's great to witness all this and I'm sure you'll be thriving at all that promotion activity.

Thank you for the info. on Sting's son! Is he our age? Does he look like him?... I'm afraid you can guess my bad intentions ;)

Cheers!
P

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks Linda. I'm so pleased to have been invited--and yes, how cool to finally come with books in hand!

Trushka: Well, I guess I'm not THAT good of a sleuth--I don't have the answers to your questions but you could probably find them out easily and then have a new object of lust :)

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

I love the Police and have fond memories of many, many concerts in the Garden as a youth...sigh.

wow--countdown! cool! I can't wait to hawk your book to my students! xxx

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

oh and by the way--that new pic avec serpent? FABULOUS!!!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

I made my research and he's tooooo young. A real pity.

And he's not soooooo cute as I had expected.

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home