Sunday, May 27, 2007

Childlike excitement

Ever since I cracked the first of Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" books--The Golden Compass (originally published in the UK as Northern Lights) I could see it as a movie in my mind. The following two books (Subtle Knife and Amber Spyglass) delighted me more than the last, and I was, I confess, thrilled to learn that the first book was being made into a movie just as I had finished the last book. I am almost as excited for this movie as I was for the first Harry Potter. I even think that the choice of Nicole Kidman as Mrs. Coulter, Daniel Craig as Lord Asriel, Eva Green as Serrafina Pekkala and Sam Elliott as Lee Scoresby are really good choices (I can't make the embed code of You Tube videos work on my site, so you'll just have to follow the link to see the ever so cool trailer). And little Dakota Blue Richards looks like an adorable Lyra.

OH BOY!!

1 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Blogger Travis Erwin said...

I have not read any of these novels, but I'll check them out. I enjoy reading a novel and then seeing the film, but hate to see the movie first then read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home