Monday, January 01, 2007

The last holiday card I received in the mail came just before Christmas. It was from my editors at Writer's Digest Books. Always a nice gesture, but this was came with a special bookmark:
















On the back side was the following phrase and a list of people with books coming out in 2007:

















I honestly did not expect to see my name on it, because even though I have been told that my book will be published in Fall, 2007, I was never given a month, and after all, I've only turned in half the book. So imagine my delighted surprise to find this (Follow your eye from "Nov" on the left directly across that row to the right):


















It's really happening. I have a real book coming out in the world. Well, I have two, but this is the first hard proof other than simple email exchanges with my publishers.

It feels good.

Jordan

6 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Linda C. McCabe said...

Congrats Jordan.

My friend Lee Lofland has a book from Writers Digest coming out as well. I didn't see that on your posted pix, but hopefully it appears there as well.

May you have a wonderful new year that is blessed with good health, happiness, prosperity, and creative inspiration.

Linda

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Yay, Jordan! That's so exciting -- can't wait to read it. I'm struggling with an opening scene right now, in fact! Hope the writing goes well for you -- best wishes for a fruitful year!

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

Whoa! What a thrill!!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Oh, Jordan! That's so cool--and I loved the way you let us experience the excitement just as you did--by seeing it in print!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

That. Is. Too. Cool.

 
At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the PR, Linda. Yes, my book is listed on the same card. It's scheduled for release in late July, which shows up on the card as an August release.

Congratulations to you, too, Jordan.

Lee Lofland
www.leelofland.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home