Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Things I like About the Holiday Season















Since i've been a bit of a grumblypants the past few posts I'd like to make it up to you by telling you what I like about this season.



1. Lebkuchen! (If you don't know what this is, find out. It's wonderful).

2. The first rains--because it makes indoors more cozy and fire seem like a good thing.

3. Watching birds and squirrels bathe in the rain water outside my window

4. Twinkly, sparkly lights (these should be mandatory at night in all cities)

5. Mittens

6. Having to use your significant other as a heater at night

7. The sound of the UPS truck delivering pacakges. I know that's weird, but I get excited every time it drives past my house even though it's usually not for me.

8. I don't feel guilty for staying inside

9. Cold outdoors equals good indoor writing time

10. MORE reading!



I'm such an old lady, right?



JPR

5 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Oh, great list! I love all dat stuff, too. Well, except for #6...I kind of can't stand my significant other lately and would rather warm up next to a giant bag of Lay's Vinegar Potato Chips.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

What the hell? That last post is from me, Ms. Lori. I don't think I like this beta blogger crap.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Linda C. McCabe said...

Jordan,

Food. Seasonal food that just doesn't sound right at other times of the year, like shepherd's pie and lasagne. You can't eat that kind of comfort food in the hot summertime. It just doesn't feel or taste right. However, when the weather turns cold and dismal, it's the right time for a big glass of zin and a plate of lasagne.

Linda (I finally got around to making my own literary blog. Go check it out!)

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I've been grumbly too. Thanks for this post.

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

Sounds cozy.
Though I'm so super happy to have warm weather here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home