Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tuesday Miscellany

How is it that I can subscribe to a new blog almost every week and yet there is never enough to read? I fear sometimes that the pace of technology has zapped out the part of my brain that once was accustomed to waiting for things. Now, if a page doesn't load in .00000000000923 seconds I start to get huffy. So perhaps the same thing is happening with my blog rations. I started out reading a few blogs a day, then a dozen, then a couple dozen. I subscribe to at least thirty blogs a day but now it isn't enough. I have a theory that a new brain is developing in humans that requires a steady diet of 0's and 1's to survive. (You know how brain theory suggests that there are really "four" brains: "the amphibian brain," "the emotional brain," *"the embarass your family brain" and the *"What do I want to do with my life brain.)"

So please, blog friends, write more! More, more, more!

Or else I will sick Figaro the diet-starved attack cat on you:















*Okay, I forget the other two.

Also, I contributed a little something to Susan Bono's online column, Searchlights & Signal Flares Details below:

It’s that time of year again, and I bet you’ve got at least one writer on your gift list. Don’t have a clue what to get? Let Searchlights & Signal Flares ease your confusion and put the spirit of inspired giving back into the holidays.

This month’s featured writer, novelist Judith Hendricks joins Arlene Mandell, Bonnie-Jean Kimball, Charlene Bunas, Claudia Larson, Dan Coshnear, Jo Lauer, Jordan Rosenfeld, Kate Douglas, Ken Rodgers, Marylu Downing, Mimi Ghez, Paula Matzinger, Rebecca Lawton and Susan Bono as they reveal: What’s the best gift you can give a writer?

4 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I've noticed that people with cats are always threatening others with them....what's up with that?

Great answer, btw, to the writer-present question.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

We're a powerful minion, we cat-owners. Do not mess with us. That's why. :)

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm totally scared. I'm serious.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I can't believe you'd actually wait .00000000000923 seconds for anything online, that is the patience of Job as far as I am concerned, very zen.

I read lots of blogs, but haven't subscribed to any, I'm not sure I know how.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home