Thursday, November 09, 2006

What's More American than Buying Stuff?

Over the next month or so I will be posting good gift ideas when I run across them. If I had it my way, everyone on my list would receive a book for Christmas--both due to the bookstore employee discount I will be receiving and the fact that everyone should read more. So on that note, here are books I want to recommend by people I actually know!

The first idea is not only great for anyone, but especially for teachers. Check out the details of the teacher gift special for Ellen Meister's novel, The Secret Confessions of the Applewood PTA.

Pre-oreder The Liar's Diary, by Patry Francis (the only reason I gave you an amazon link here is so you can also download her short story at the site).
Nothing in this World, by Roy Kesey.
Hope and Other Dangerous Pursuits, by Laila Lalami
Reading Water, by Rebecca Lawton
Forgive the Moon, by Maryanne Stahl
Three Days in New York, by Robin Slick
Things Kept, Things Left Behind by Jim Tomlinson.
Lost Girls and Love Hotels by Catherine Hanrahan.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks for the link, Jordan! And I love the idea of making book recommendations for the holidays. Mind if I copy it? :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

Thanks so much for this, Jordan!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

And for a stocking stuffer may I add, any Writer's Digest with an article by Jordan in it!

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home