Friday, November 03, 2006

Despite that I've been physically a tad under the weather and slightly cranky with certain family issues and have a little too much on my plate, I'm feeling inordinatly happy and grateful for my life. We've been in our new town just about 7 months and today, despite returning from the hometown of my heart, I really feel happy here. The hills are lovely and it feels open and so much less developed here. You can see a lot of sky and land. The rain has just ended and the sun is shedding this lemony light on the tree outside my window and it's gorgeous. I just did a few yoga stretches and was amazed to remember how much it helps the chronic pains in my neck from typing.

I've done three days of national novel writing month and I'm loving the fun of writing new stuff. I've been reading, working on my many work projects and I feel satisfied creatively in both right and left halves of my brain. Today I don't care at all about whether I ever publish a novel so long as I get to keep writing them. Today I am grateful for small things. My funny, loud, fat cat; the enchiladas I got downtown; finishing the puzzle this weekend with my beloved E. and playing battleship; having just enough--not so much as to feel like a gross consumer, but not so little as to feel deprived.

I'm happy. I'm lucky.

it's good.

JPR

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Laini Taylor said...

beautiful post! It is a gift to have those days where what you have is simply enough. Though generally very happy, days I feel truly content are rare. There's always weight to lose and projects to finish and the house to keep clean, etc etc. As for your comment on my blog about Mary Doria Russell, I LOVE The Sparrow and Children of God. A few of my favorite books; I'm always trying to get people to read them! And here's another "sci-fi" that's not really very "sci" that I love: The Carpet Makers, by a German writer whose name I can't remember right now. Mind-blowingly good, and really really different narrative structure. Nice to find your blog! I'm doing NaNo too, but am a little conflicted today, certain every word I've written is horrible. But a little later I am going to build a fire and get back to it.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Well, the real gift, Laini, is that I'm able to see it at all, as I can very easily let myself go negative. I try hard not to. So glad you're a Mary Doria Russell fan! I'll check out "The Carpet Makers." Sounds cool.

I hear you about being conflicted re: Nano. Since that's how I feel about my agented novel, I'm just giving up to Nano, letting it be what it is. Hard.

Bark: Thanks!

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Leona Laurie said...

I love to hear/see/read expressions of joy and gratitude. Thank you for taking the time to share yours, Jordan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home