Thursday, November 09, 2006

Miscellaneous

Sad News
Oh dear me, the only good thing about Ed Bradley's death is that (I hope) he died with the good news of the Democratic sweep. Other than that thought, I'm devastated. Ed and Morley are the only journalists left at 60 Minutes that I really like. They're old guard. Damn, it sucks. And Mike Wallace--the Mike-inator, man, at 84 or something he outlived Ed by almost two decades. It just isn't fair.

***
Talking Books
Tomorrow, my book review of Janet Fitch's new novel Paint it Black will air on NPR-Affiliate KQED Radio's The California Report. Tune in either by your old-fashioned radio dial (88.5 FM for Bay Area residents--or check out the radio tune-in guide for other parts of the state) or the audio archive. It looks like my reviews might start coming monthly, which is exciting!

***
Will you Debut?
Are you a debut author, or do you know one? I'm now in charge of a column at Writer's Digest Magazine called "First Impressions" in which we feature 4 debut authors each issue--by debut we mean it is your first book EVER published. No self-published authors, I'm afraid. I am looking for content for issues April and beyond. The book must be published within 2 months (on either side) of the publication date. Please feel free to email me at: jordansmuse(at)gmail(dot)com.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

It's a tough call, I admit. All I can say is that of the two, I did not see Rummy's move coming...

P.S. I hear there's a sasquatch program on NPR's "Science Friday" tomorrow. You probably want to take an early lunch to catch it :)

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

Sometimes, when a well-known person dies, I have a sense of loss. But it is, at its strongest, not a deeply-felt thing. The same for other news about people and things distant from me. I have the village approach, and generally reserve my strongest feelings for those near to me in some way. That said, I did like some of Mr. Bradley's work on TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home