Thursday, March 02, 2006












Image via Deviant Art


A story of mine, "Breathless" is live at Spoiled Ink magazine. Although there is only one part, so don't be fooled by the "Pt II" note.


**Warning, disturbing content in this paragraph**
As I was scanning for accompanying art to this entry, using searches like "teen girls hold breath" to come up with a google image, I came across the most disturbing image of a girl's body laid out on a table, a victim of a jihad somewhere in the Mid-east, and her head laid out to the side of her. Both her body and her head were in good shape, only they were separated from each other. SO disturbing. Imagine being the parents of that child come to identify her? I mean...could you ever sleep again? Could you live?

God.

4 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

I don't know if I could live after that.

Sometimes I feel so sad for future generations, so guilty for this earth we are leaving them.

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

"Breathless" is a gorgeous piece of work, Jordan! Congrats.

I know what you mean about that photograph. There are tragedies I simply can't imagine recovering from.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Jordan, "Breathless" made me feel so sad...Wonderfully written.

Oh, btw, I had a Dancerina doll. Loved her to bits.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

I wouldn't think about "the world we are leaving to our children"... I would rather think we have the chance every day, every moment, to make our lives better and too very often we chose the other way.

If we really make every one of our moves a positive move, the change should reach those who are suffering so much that are able to commit crimes like cutting someone's head off. Noone would do that if they were raised with love, tolerance and comprehension!

We cannot change the minds of those who are cutting heads off or are causing others to cut heads off or even worse, who may be using this to get some economic benefits, but we can make our neighbour's lives better, our students' life better and so on. And that should make a difference.

Sorry for the length!
Patricia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home