Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A confession and a quiz

When I'm feeling blue, or flat-lined or having a hard time motivating myself to do anything meaningful, there are a few tried and true things that instantly improve my mood. I suspect we all have these little mood-ticklers, and many of them, as mine are, might be just a tad bit embarrassing to admit. So come on, join me. I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Instant mood-lifters

--Talking trash about American Idol!
--Checking Veritaserum for Harry Potter book/movie/celebrity updates.
--Anytime a new six feet under disc arrives in the mail (formerly it was the X-Files)
--Reading good pulp fiction in one fell swoop. Most recently, Tess Gerritsen's Body Double.
--A NEW email! Oh Joy! Oh, damn it's nothing interesting. Wait, another NEW email! Oh damn, it's just another announcement. Yay, there's that little gold envelope icon again! Damn it, who cares about a flipping coupon for Alibris! And so on...
--Eating almond butter from the container with a spoon (or that good dulce de leche goo my cousin sent me. Yum!)
--Praise! (this is in the category of "don't hold your breath.")
--Checks in the mail! (Same category as above).
--Communing with the neighborhood gang of cats-- Scout, Wally, Punkin and our very own Figaro.
--Reading articles about naked men causing traffic jams...
--Shirking work!

Hmm. These seem neither very exciting nor very shameful after all...

J

7 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

For some reason, reading Defamer or the Fug women gives me enormous amounts of pleasure when I'm blue.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

I enjoy throwing a saddle on my husband's back and riding him around the shopping mall. Guaranteed mood-lifter!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Oh Lori, but I thought banjo boy had died an unseemly death? :) Perhaps you have a back supply of husbands in a closet?

Steph: "Fug women"? sounds worthy of investigation!

xo
J

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Hey, that link about a naked man causing traffic jams had no pictures! What a gyp.

And Jordan, how come there's no chocolate on your list of mood lifters?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Ellen, that's because chocolate is a vitamin! It's just a necessary daily part of any healthy diet.

I know, the naked man story was kind of a gyp.

:)

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Until recently, I enjoyed a naked constitutional now and again, but I'm afraid Marin isn't quite as liberal as it used to be.....

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Jesse: thank you for resurrecting the word "constitutional" in my mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home