Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thoughts on Inauguration Day

Today makes me incredibly hopeful that my son will spend his first four, hopefully eight, years in a country that earns back the meaning of democracy, and that puts service back into everyday life.

**

Is it just me, or do the media sound positively gleeful? I love how unabashedly people are celebrating who should be impartial. Only the comedians will miss the Bush administration.

**
Damn, that Michelle Obama is TALL. I only just noticed.

**
The only bummer I can think of re: Obama's election is that Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly will take insufferable to new heights. Fortunately, I don't have to watch or read them.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Linda C. McCabe said...

Jordan,
You can always listen to the radio broadcast of "The Stephanie Miller Show" in the mornings on Green960 so that they will filter and then mock the ravings of O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, and their ilk.

Truly you don't want to subject yourself to undiluted vitriol. Let Steffie's producer find the nuggets worthy of ridicule and then enjoy their comedy routines.

It's done wonders for my blood pressure since we started listening to her show in the morning.


It was a Great Day, wasn't it?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Bah. Ann Coulter and Bill O'Reilly take insufferable to new heights on a daily basis.

Funny, but Obama's been President only about 24 hours and I'm already thinking, "Holy sh*t. I can't believe we actually put up with George Bush for EIGHT YEARS! How did we make it through?"

xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home