Thursday, May 08, 2008

Strange Reactions
Observations on my ninth month:

At the busy intersection where no one ever stopped for me before, now they stop--sometimes screeching to a halt.
Elderly women often get teary eyed when they see me.
Elderly men pretend they don't notice.
Teenage girls look away very quickly, as if terrified of the size of me compared to their own lithe forms.
Teenage boys don't know where to look, often opting for my (newfound) cleavage
Young children openly gawk, and occasionally point and ask questions.
Men make jokes about midnight food runs and how we pregnant girls are impossible to please
Mothers with young children smile wearily at me.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

goddess bless California. my daughter tells me that in New York, very rarely did anyone ever offer her a seat or stop for her, even when she was 9 months preg.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home