Saturday, September 01, 2007

Back to Reality

Coming back from vacation is tough. Especially when you've been somewhere as beautiful as the Big Island, Hawaii. I feel reflective and interested in my life again, though. Going away makes coming home richer, too. It's like returning to a garden you haven't tended in awhile. You are both happy to see what's still blooming, and aware of the taller weeds. You want to make improvements, and you stop to appreciate both.


Since I can't post all 60 photos here, I'll post only those that were taken on my birthday on thursday. Usually I'm hesitant to discuss my age, but here's a hint: My lucky number is 3, and there are two of them in my age this year :)


The "backyard" of our hotel














Birthday breakfast over the water














Lava boy














Amazing extremes in sky














Hamming it up with Hibiscus















E. at the Pululu valley
















Soon to be sore riders














A birthday sign of luck















The Sushi I didn't eat















happy birthday girl

5 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

Beautiful photos (except for that sushi, which is scary). Looks like you had a wonderful time--happy, happy birthday, dear Jordan! I'm sorry I missed saying this to you on the actual day. xo

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a beautiful experience! I LOVE the Big Island!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, Happy Birthday! And that's the biggest sushi I've ever seen!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger atresillado said...

You look absolutely FABULOUS in that picture below. Wow!!!!!

It's fantastic to read you had a great time.

Beautiful landscapes! I'm still in winter here, that green water and your colour makes me envious.

Remember to pay attention to the blossoms. Let the weeds take care of themselves ;) (... yes... I'm reading those books).

Welcome back!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Welcome back and happy belated birthday!!! Those pictures are amazing. I can't think of a better birthday gift than a trip to Hawaii ... or a person who deserves it more. So glad you did it!
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home