Thursday, August 23, 2007

All around me I see tragedy and hardship and heartbreak. And I'm not even talking about war or climate change.

Lately, in the circle of people I know, both intimately and indirectly, there has been a lot of suffering. From the dramatic and shocking--suicide--to the grueling crush of a relationship that didn't live up to its potential, it runs the gamut. It is a tricky balance to be there for others while also reminding myself of the goodness and beauty of my life.

It is the most important work of all to remember that just because others are suffering does not mean we have to join in. We can actually help others more by exhibiting love and balance and peace.

So right now I am working on just that. Feeling grateful and energized by the goodness in my life. My love, my writing, my work, my health, my friendships, my family--I truly have it all. May my joy spill over onto anyone who needs it.

JPR

2 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Twilight Spy said...

Thanks for sharing your joy. I'll take all the little bits I can.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

back atcha, sweet Jordan.

xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home