Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Today, instead of swimming--since I like to do that every other day--I rode my bike down to what I have dubbed "the fruit shack." This is a market that sells mainly fruits and veggies year-round, which after more than a year of living in this town, I only just discovered. Or rather--I've driven past it endless times, but I only just went inside for the first time a couple weeks ago.


Anyway, this place is a fruit- and veggie-lover's paradise. Mounds of ripe, happy food ready to leap off the piles and into your basket. It thrills me.


And for $10 I bought the following:


2 Avocados

3 Roma tomatoes

3 Yellow nectarines

1 pound of ripe, dark cherries

3 black plums

4 apricots

3 Fuji Apples

1 Mango


Can you believe that? So much food for so little money! Plus, I got exercise. It just doesn't get much better than this.


JPR

6 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Dear,
Brazil would be your paradise. Maybe you should include a visit there too, someday.
When you start travelling South every year, we could go pay a visit to Brazilian fruit, eh?
:)

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

I've gotten to the point that I treat fruit pretty much like candy and other such sweets--mainly a source of sugar. So, that doesn't mean I don't like it, just that I mostly don't eat it (with the exception of tomatos).

Alas.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Oh Patricia--it's a date :)

Gerry: So why don't you eat fruit? I mean, I hear you see it as a source of sugar--but you know we're supposed to eat it, for our health. Gotta stave off that scurvy. So just curious if it comes from any reason.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

Actually, I think fruit is wonderful, but I don't want the sugary calories. Vitamin C is available from vegetables (some of them, like tomatos).
The hardest fruit for me to stay away from is pineapple. Love pineapple. Next would be grapes.
By the way, I'm trying desperately to post my comments without it referring you back to Blogger, which I'm no longer using. I'm having no luck, and have found no method of closing my blogger account!
I think google doesn't want anyone to be able to comment if they don't use blogger.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger gerry rosser said...

Forgive me for experimenting with comments here in my efforts to avoid linking back to blogger. I deleted my blogger blog. I apparently still have to sign in with a google account (or so it appears). I still have a google account, so here goes.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

yum! I LOVE fruit and cannot give it up and that's why I cannot go on many diets.

that and my love of chocolate.

life is short--let it be sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home