Thursday, July 05, 2007


TAG, I'm it.

Susan DiPlacido (whose new collection American Cool is available for order) tagged me for the following:


The rules:
1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

MOI:
1. I become easily obsessed by television shows with recurring characters. They take over my life. Which is why I like summer, becuase there are fewer reasons to be glued to the set :) (On the other hand, I read as much, if not more, than I watch TV, so go figure).

2. Despite a name like Jordan Rosenfeld, and even though my father was born in Israel and given a bar mitzvah, I know almost nothing about Jewish tradition, religion or culture, which other people have often found hard to believe--as if I am just withholding.

3. I eat meat but for most of my life people have assumed before knowing any details that I am a vegetarian. Apparently I "look" vegetarian.

4. I always get a really bad case of the heebie jeebies when packs of birds lift off all at once and fly into the air. (Yes, this happens more often than you'd think).

5. I must keep a glass of water by my bedside every night. And yes, I've spilled more water on myself and my bed at night than I can possibly count. In fact. I spill water as a regular habit on just about every surface possible.

6. I've seen the 4th Harry Potter movie more than 10 times. Six of those in the theater when it was out first :)

7. I am fascinated by snow.

8. When I was about 12, I learned how to do the sign language alphabet at camp. Ever since that time, at moments when I am upset, or feeling something I can't express verbally, I will find myself signing out the words with my hand (a laborious process, one letter at a time). I didn't know I did this for a long time until someone asked me what I was doing. I do it less now, but for a time in my teens/twenties I did it a lot.

I now plan to tag:

Stephanie Anagnoson
Twilight Spy
Laini Taylor
Citizen of the Month
Ms. Lori of One Whipped Mother
Michelle Richmond
Maurie Traylor
Gayle Brandeis

6 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I used to keep water by the bed too, but once at my parents I woke up to a glass covered in ants! That stopped that habit.

How long did it take you to come up with these? These are good.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger SusanD said...

Well done, Jordan! Thanks for playing (and the plug!) I do the water-bed thing. I hate those 3 am spills when I get myself soaked. If you're so fascinated with snow, you should come visit me sometime in January. It'll either thrill you or kill the fascination.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger gayle said...

What fun, Jordan! Thank you so much for tagging me. I'll try to narrow my quirks down to 8 soon!

xo
gayle

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Ms. Lori said...

Your wish is my command.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Neil said...

You can't even make a matzo ball?!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Neil: Matzo ball?? The year I was 12, I think, for some strange reason I encouraged my father we should get a menorah. We lit one candle and forgot about the rest.

Matzo ball. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home