Sunday, March 25, 2007

I meme it

I wasn't formally tagged for this meme...but I found it at Novel Nymph's website and so I tag any and all of you. It's a cool one. If you do it, post your link in my comments:


1. Go to Wikipedia, and type in your Birthday--month and day only.
2. List 3 Events that occurred that day.
3. List 2 important Birth days.
4. List 1 Death.
5. List a Holiday or Observance. (if any)
6. Tag 5 other bloggers.

August 30 (Lots of battles began on my birthday...hmmm)

1574--Guru Ram Das becomes the fourth sikh Guru Master
1963- Hotline between US & Soviet leaders goes into effect (Hey Nikki, it's Lyndon. I have something important to ask you: Is your refrigerator running?)
1984-The Space Shuttle Discovery takes off on its maiden voyage (what do they call it after the maiden voyage? The 'dirty slut' voyage?)

Birthdays (I couldn't stop at 2, there were too many cool ones)

1797- Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley (writer)
1930- Warren Buffet (moneybags)
1944- Molly Ivins (political humorist...recently deceased--a pity)

Deaths
2006--Naghib Mahfouz, Egyptian writer. Bummer.

Holiday
August 30th is the International Day of the Disappeared. How wild is that??

2 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

Thanks to your idea now I know I was born the same day as Frank Zappa and Paco de Lucía. :)

· 1940 - Frank Zappa, American musician (d. 1993
· 1947 - Paco de Lucía, Spanish musician

Not bad!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Here's mine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home