Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I should have thought more carefully about this whole blog enterprise so that I could have an anonymous blog where I could post all of my most wretched, foul thoughts about things. Or at the very least swear in a most unbefitting way for a lady. I was reading one of my favorite blogs of a friend's today, and was quite pleased to put the image of her delicate face with big blue eyes and blonde hair together with the vivid description of a sexual act she heard in a story requring something to be strapped on and inserted where the sun don't shine. I like juxtaposition (and no, I'm not referring to aforementioned act), and when someone looks sweet on the outside, it's always fun when they swear. I have been accused of shocking people in the past, when I was cuter I guess, for swearing or saying foul things. Now apparently I must look the type because nobody bats an eye.

But it's too late for an anonymous blog now, and I was never the kind of person who could juggle two of anything very well, so I can't start now, because somehow I'd give myself away, or else I'd just go mad trying to be polite on one blog, and true on the other. So you must make do with this vanilla version of me.

And while we're being vanilla, I should just come out and confess that I saw the latest Harry Potter movie TWICE in the theaters since it opened. Yep. Twice. And to be honest, if some friend who hasn't seen it yet wanted to go again, I could totally be up for that. I'm exploring what it is about this series that has captivated me to the level of obsession. Clearly some part of me does not want to live in my normal reality, and prefers Harry's. Clearly this means I have some unresolved mental stuff and need help.

Until that day, anyone wanna go again?

Meanwhile, stay tuned for an essay from Maryanne Stahl tomorrow. You won't be sorry.

JPR

4 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ooooh....server is slow. Makes my story less funny.

My friend saw Harry Potter and then asked me if I wanted to see it (clearly she suffers from a similar obsession).

"When do you want to see Harry Potter?"
"You already saw Harry Potter."
"I know. When do you want to see it? I'll reserve tickets."
"But you saw it."
"I KNOW!"

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Oh Steph, how do I relate to your insane friend. She and I must be two birds of a feather. I feel so validated.

Tell me you're going to see it with her!

J

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I think I HAVE to go see it with her. I don't think I have a choice!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger rdl said...

I can really relate to the wanting another blog where you can rant and rave and swear in private. It's funny I just wrote a similar post and also one about Harry Potter- tho I don't feel the same way. I like your blog tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home