Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My website (www.thewritelife.com) has been hacked! Which is actually good timing, because I just decided not to renew my domain name and let the old site go. And gone it is. In its place is some sort of People's republic of Indonesians who want the war to be stopped. Generally I agree with them, but I find it quite amusing that they hacked my site! It was fate, I guess. I have a lot less bad feelings about someone hacking my blog, for which I do not have to pay money, and which I can recreate fairly quickly if need be. It's a zen experience, letting go of one's website.

So, I'm having a bit more success with novel #3, whose title keeps changing. I'm serious when I asked for title votes. I'm torn between "Going Home" or "Strange, but Familiar." Both would work thematically. So if you have a preference, don't be shy!

Today is one of those days where I do not want to be at my desk much longer. It's not procrastination Thursday style lack of desire, it's a kind of tunnel vision I get where I feel like I have not interacted with the world enough and am starting to behave like a child raised by wolves. I notice that my timing with people gets off if I'm out of the public for too long. And while I believe that my therapist thinks my decision to work at home is not necessarily the healthiest thing for me, on most days I'd say she's wrong. Today, though, I can tell I'm craving serious contact. But since I have no friends really with the luxury of a schedule like mine whom I do not have to drive to see (hi Joy L!), I'm kind of screwed except for the kind of interactions that I can have by talking to merchants downtown. It's also too windy out to walk (I've got problems with wind...it makes my ears hurt). If I'm ambitious later, I'll strap something over my ears and jog to the track at the high school, where I will probably make a fool out of myself as I run a twenty-five minute mile.

God that reminds me...in high school a friend of mine dated a boy who broke the four minute mile record...and damn I think of that now and wonder how anyone could do that!

So...I'll probably get in my car and drive somewhere...how lame is that?

JPR

5 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!! Personally, I like "Strange, But Familiar." It seems fresher than "Going Home" to me. Also, it indicates more of a sense of humor than "Going Home" does. So there are my two cents.

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! just thought I should drop in and say hello and vote for "Strange, But Familiar". I hope you are well!
-Kiah Cohen

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Strange, But Familiar gets my vote, too. It's more memorable than Going Home. Also, I bet there are already a dozen novels out there called Going Home.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

I like "Strange, but Familiar"--there's something about it that makes me thing of the tone of your writing which is comforting, funny, heartbreaking and beautiful.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Hey you guys!! Kiah--nice to see you especially, even though I "see" you on the street all the time...ooh, that sounds weird.

I too have been leaning toward "Strange but Familiar." Esp. as this is a story of estranged family members reconnecting, memories being lost, and major life transitions taking place for my characters. Thank you.

xo
J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home