Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Surrender

There are multiple definitions to the word surrender; I prefer the one that means accepting things as they are (not the one that means laying down your weapons and giving in). Since I turned in the big article on Monday I have experienced a sudden rush of relief that translated into the elusive feeling of surrender I have needed for awhile now. I have suddenly been able to apply this quality to everything in my life.

-I cannot control the publishing industry.
-I cannot control people's opinions or thoughts or even their reactions to what I write, say or do.
-The town I live in now will never be the town I left behind.
-I have only this one life.

So I've been looking at my town through new eyes, or rather, through the lens of my camera and deciding that even what is mundane about it isn't so bad. See for yourself:






























4 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Thanks Sue!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger atresillado said...

I like those pictures! It looks like the perfect place for a writer. Calm (dogs aside) with lots of open air. And I think you have a fantastic smile in this picture.
Surrendering! That was the word I was looking for these days. Thanks for having found it for me!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

Patricia--Glad to help :)

J: Come on, a little support wouldn't kill you!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Patry Francis said...

You have no idea how much this post helped me tonight. A couple of things have been really troubling me, but you're so right: surrender is a distinct possibility!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home