Monday, December 26, 2005

Warning, post written in second person.

Love

You know that you are loved when you develop a fascination bordering with obsession on a little book series about an orphaned boy wizard and your husband not only does not spurn you, nor drop comments that he fears you will soon become a kind of Potter "Trekkie." No, in fact, not only does your husband share your enthusiasm for the books, reading them aloud to you doing ALL the voices in accents so good that when the first movie came out you thought HE could have provided direction. Not only that, but in the middle of what's been a hard autumn and beginning of winter, on Christmas morning, he prepares for you, a "magic" Christmas, to which you respond by promptly bursting into tears (of joy, gratitude). As below:

Magic wrapping paper








My very own wand
This one has the hair of a white stag in it. Better learn my spells!







A Time-Turner

Self-explanatory, right? Third book, if you're not in the know. And believe it or not, it actually passes as quite an interesting piece of jewelry.




Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans

I gagged on the earthworm and sardine flavors. Bacon is no improvement.





There was a stocking full of HP candy, and an HP sticker book, too (among other gifts for the adult me). I felt like a kid again, in the best way possible. My husband is amazing, and not because of what he bought, but because of what he arranged for me, to have an experience of childlike wonder. I am SO blessed.

There was more family goodness too:

Mom and E. passing the salt

My mother (and her husband) prepared a spread to beat all spreads. That's her and my honey passing the salt. We ate Turkey, Alaskan King Crab, stuffing, potatoes, green beans, gingerbread and butter cookies for dessert (I helped with the cookies.)


The most awesome new Christmas hat!

You can see it better in the next photo. I love this hat. Didn't take it off all day.





Mother and Child

Mom's the one in the sexy gold boots.






And one from Xmas Eve with Dad

4 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Maryanne Stahl said...

What a wonderful Christmas! A beautiful family! xxx

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm not sure which I like best....the hat or the boots! Maybe both at the same time!

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Erik is such a love. You are both blessed!

Thank you for sharing all this Jordan. I enjoyed meeting your mom and dad! (You look like a combination of the two, I think.)

Glad you had such a wonderful holiday. May the New Year deliver all your dreams!

xo

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Myfanwy Collins said...

How wonderful! Your husband is a doll for understanding you so well. LOVE your hat. It suits you and your million dollar smile well.

love,
myf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home