Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hello from hell...

I'm in New York...staying in Brooklyn and traipsing to the city each day to visit with friends (how did I amass so many NY friends?). And the temperature is good old standard NY summer: humidity takes the ninety-something degree heat and slowly drives it into your bones, boils your organs, melts your brain. I've got a lovely view of the Manhattan skyline from my cousin's apartment (he watched the twin towers fall from here on that fateful day), and last night we went and had a picnic dinner at a park overlooking the East river. It was heavenly, and the perfect temperature due to the water breeze.

I like visiting; I like taking subways into town and going wherever I want, knowing that I could do and see just about anything here. I love the intensity, the bustle, the energy. But it wears you out fast. I am not made of the stuff to live here permanently, I don't think, but I love visiting.

So...I have little to report, except to tell you that I'll post photos tomorrow or Friday, once I'm at Bennington, and let you know how today's meeting with the agent goes.

JPR

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Good luck at your agent meeting! Are you meeting up with Leslie V? Sigh, I adore Brooklyn...

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I met up with Leslie, and with Ellen Meister. It was a blast, though too brief!

I'll post about the agent meeting shortly.

J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home