Friday, April 29, 2005

Don't be careful, be conscious


Off to Wellspring in less than an hour here.

Thirteen people are entrusting Rebecca and I with their desires for their writing life, and I feel so excited and honored that they came to join us for this workshop. It will be the first of many, I feel.

I am so amazed when I look back on my life over the past year. SO MUCH has changed, and most of those changes are in direct correllation to the goals/intentions I wrote down on paper. Becca and I began at least a year ago, on our lunch hour, once a week at the Ecology Center, making a grid of where we wanted to be in relationship to certain goals in 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year. Every week we talked about what we had done/achieved/desired and what was coming next. Many of the things I wanted, like to work from home as a freelancer, which were in the 1 year column, came to pass in less than six months. I can remember the day even that I decided, and put out my request in energetic as well as spoken terms that I was ready to work for myself. I had no idea the power of that intention at that time.

The saying 'be careful what you wish for' should be revised to be: 'be careful what you intend.' But better than being careful about it, you should be conscious. So I revise the old adage to be:
"Be conscious about what you intend." Because you know what? You WILL get it. So the second part of it is, Intend things that make you feel good.

I'll report back on Sunday or Monday.

Have a fabulous, feel-good weekend.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Carolyn Burns Bass said...

Here's to you and Becca for carving your goals on a golden plate. Of course, it's not the medium, it's writing them down that put you on the road to success. Many people, however, write their goals in an exercise of futility, as they never step to action. Every race has a goal and those who don't train for the course will inevitably fail. Everyone who wants success on the road of life, must not only identify a goal, but prepare for the trip and then take the first step. Ovations to you for meeting your freelance goal.

Visit Ovations (linked to my name)and see if you'd like some online applause.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jordan E. Rosenfeld said...

I agree to a large degree, Carolyn, but what I would add is that what most people don't understand/believe/give themselves permission to feel, is that one can "prepare for the trip" simply by feeling as if one has already arrived, and the results will be profoundly affected.

Thanks!
J

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...


酒店收入, 酒店公關條件

 

Post a Comment

<< Home